Sunday, August 22, 2010

It has been a long time since my last post because I just have not had the time to sit down and write something.  Actually, I have been writing a lot...design reports, site plans, new system designs, computer code etc.  My work load has necessitated that I put this aside for a while. 

We have been installing Eliminite systems in various configurations at an amazing pace and I appreciate the trust that has been placed in our products.  The pace has been so brisk that we have added two new distributors who have become very busy keeping up with the orders and installations.  I'll try to remember to get some photos up for you to look at.  

I know that some of my clients will see this new post and wonder why I am wasting time with this blog when I have system quotes to get out for them.  Don't worry, I'm getting caught up and you are next on my to-do list. 

If you are designing a system please please please, give us a call before you begin and discuss options.  I feel so bad for the guys that design with a competing system because they "design as I see fit" (actual quote from one of the particularly enlightened engineers) only to have their client find out about Eliminite and how much better we can serve them.  This situation leads to all kinds of ill feelings where we wind up redesigning the system (sometimes the whole development) and the developer vows never to use XXX and Associates ever again.  It is really pretty embarrassing for the engineer/designer so don't get hypnotized by their glossy marketing and slight of hand.  Eliminite makes sense and it is just plain better that peat pods, aerated septic tanks or textile filters.

Owners Prefer Eliminite
I spoke to an engineer a couple of days ago that told me his clients have NO CHOICE but to install a textile filter plastic pod system.  The engineer stated that the client MUST install a field of buried plastic boxes filled with fish tank fabric because they are required to do this by some obscure, unnamed entity.  In my opinion this sounds as if the engineer has some agreement with the supplier or manufacturer of the textile system because the client is surely not under any order to install the plastic pod system.  I spoke with the client on this job and he had no idea what the engineer was doing and had in fact been given an entirely different story than the engineer gave to me.

 At $700,000.00 for a 14,000 gpd textile pod septic system somebody has a pretty significant financial stake in this one.  The truth is I hear this line pretty often.  I think it is because most people want the best value for their money and when they compare Eliminite to every other system, we usually represent the highest value and they select one of our systems for their project.  Losing the sale causes the competing distributor to suffer from a sever case of heartburn and this is where the shennagins start.  They will tell the owner that they cannot even obtain a quote from Eliminite because, for instance, the State required the textile filters(absolutely untrue) or that we are working out of my garage(again untrue....my garage is so cluttered that I can barely walk through it let alone work out of it).  If you are an owner and start to hear statements like these, give me a call.  I will honestly discuss your job and your options with you. 

What really bothers me about the 14,000 gpd system above is that is it for a school and the students are trying to raise money for the septic system on Youtube.  So these kids are working hard trying to come up with creative ideas to build a septic system and the engineer will not even entertain the thought of a more reliable, less costly alternative.   The money they save could be used for silly things  like BOOKS, and TEACHERS.  This kind of crap is so common in this industry that it usually gets overlooked but it just makes me sick.  The engineers should b ashamed and demand that K-Mart refund their money for the licenses they purchased during a Blue Light Special.

Textile Company Decides Eliminite has the Best Design
In a previous posting I wrote about the well known septic textile company that is viewed by many as leader in the onsite industry copying one of our designs, effectively establishing Eliminite as the state of the art.  Our systems are designed deliberately to function reliably in a harsh environment.  Contrast this approach with the apparent acts of desperation of the textile company.  Maybe this explains why they have so many malfunctions, alarms, failures and discontent among their users.  Our goal is to provide reliable systems for a reasonable price.  I think, considering our growth, sales and now, imitation by big companies, we are accomplishing this goal.

Drowning with the Turkeys
Back in January 2007, Onsite Installer magazine published an article titled, "Soaring with the Eagles".  (I loved this one so much that I scanned it and saved it.  I was looking through an old USB thumb drive the other day and rediscovered it)  The article describes a treatment system in Minnesota that makes me laugh until I nearly cry every time I read it.  It reminds me of those Far Side cartoons that no matter how many times you read it it's still funny as hell.  This one is a classic.

It tells a tale of a 99 lot subdivision served by a peat pod system.  Now I don't know exactly who or what cast the spell over the designer that caused everyone of his/her synapses to fuse into a useless mass of mental slag,  but if I didn't know better I would think this is one of the best Onsite April Fools jokes of all time.

The system is comprised of 320....yes...you heard that correctly 320...plastic peat pods.  This one even beats the textile pod nightmare in Montana that used something like 45 individual plastic fish tank fabric filters. They rig these things together as if they were stringing popcorn to decorate a Christmas tree.  It is one of the dumbest things I have ever seen and is an embarrassment to this industry. I am working on a 109 lot development and the footprint for the system is about 30' x 30' and it is fully accessible all year. 

The peat system is clearly visible from outer space (you can see it on Google Earth) and if there are extraterrestrials watching our development it will surely postpone their planned visit to introduce themselves because from the looks of that system earthlings still have some evolving to do.  The development is listed for sale for about 4 million and not a single home has been built so I guess,on the bright side, 3 years later,  the pods haven't clogged.   I pity the person that buys this monstrosity.  Soaring with the eagles...come on.

No comments:

Post a Comment